University of Lagos is one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria, because of these they look for means to admit the best out of the best.How? They do this by making the admission processes tedious for candidates.
Based on last year, Posnt UME was totally scraped by the FG and screening was introduced. This screening sometimes involves physical interview with Admission officers or it might involve analyzing and grading of both your WAEC and JAMB result.
Based on my research, I discover that most candidates does not have full knowledge on the way candidates are been screened. To be specific, I will discus about UNILAG screening, how it was done last year and how it will be done this year.
1. The number one thing you should know is that UNILAG only conduct online screening which means your presence is not needed in the school premises till your resumption day if admitted.
Read also: How to calculate UI screening point
2. UNILAG screening is based on 50:50 modality, which means 50% of your WAEC result and 50% of your JAMB result.
Read also: why students fail to gain admission
3. UNILAG will only analyse and grade your five most relevant and necessary subjects from your WAEC or NECO result. They use point system to grade the subject, what do I means? I mean that A1=10points, B2=9points, B3=8points, C4=7points, C5=6points, C6=5points. You want to know how it is been calculated? Let me use an illustration;
Read also: Things to consider before choosing a school
Mr A had the following WAEC result;
Further Mathematics –B3 =8pts
You will noticed that I put six subjects, so you will have to select five relevant and necessary subjects. So Mr A decided not to add further mathematics and he summed up the five subjects point which is;
Then Mr A divided the result which is 40 by 50 and multiply by 50; like this
*The step is not really neccessary because it will still give you the same result.
That means Mr A have 40% out of 50% from his WAEC result.
4. Now for the JAMB score, you will divide your score by 8; like this
Mr A got 280 in JAMB. Therefore 280/8 will give us 35% out of 50% of your JAMB score.
5. Lastly , you add both the WAEC point and JAMB point together making it over 100% , like this;
40 +35= 75%
This means Mr A screening point is 75%. what next? Then you wait for the cut-off mark to be released which will be after the screening processes.
Read also: Things you need for the upcoming screening
You still don’t understand then comment your WAEC result and JAMB score, I will help you to calculate your point and I will surely reply you back.
If you like this post and found it helpfull , you can do me a favour of sharing this post to your friends on facebook using the “share” link below. You can also let me know that it is helpful by commenting below. Your comments motivate me.
Am Murtala bin Zakari Muhammad also known as Mhizta_murtala, Am the author of this Great blog.
We are hoping to make this blog one of the most successful blog in the field of Educational updates in Nigeria, Would Please socialize our posts? Thanks.