JAMB CAPS 2019: How do I check my admission status on JAMB CAPS Portal? How can I accept or reject admission on JAMB CAPS Portal 2019? These are the likely questions am going to tackle in this article.
Have you been offered provisional admission into your school of choice? If yes, then you need to either accept or reject it on JAMB CAPS Portal. Today, in this article am going to teach you how to check your admission status and how to accept or reject your admission on JAMB CAPS Portal.
Firstly, what is JAMB CAPS Portal?
The management of Joint administration and Matriculation Board (Jamb) introduce Central Admission Processing System portal where both UTME and Direct Entry candidates can be offered admission and also accept or reject the admission on the portal.
As part of JAMB new policy all admission processes will be handled by Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) Portal.
JAMB CAPS Portal was introduced to provide transparency, quality control and credibility of admission process.
It was designated in such a way that tertiary institution can only admit candidates who pass their cut-off mark. A candidate who failed the institution cut-off mark would be denied admission regardless of his/her ‘connection’ in the society.
If you want to read more about JAMB CAPS Portal click Here, or continue reading how to check your Jamb Admission Status on Jamb Caps Portal and Accept or Reject Your Admission.
JAMB CAPS Login and Portal
By using this link you will be directed to your JAMB CAPS Login, click Here.
How to Check Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal
- Visit http://jamb.org.ng/efacility/Login.
- Enter your email and password correctly.
- After successful login, You will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS“. For those using desktop, just click on admission status and click the search near your Reg number to view your admission status.
However, those using mobile phones should,
- Mobile users will see welcome, just like in the image below. Click on the three vertical dot at the top tight of your browser.
- After click on the three dots, you will see various options, the you should click on ‘desktop site’.
- Click on ‘ Admission Status’ on the left panel.
- click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
Note: Acceptance or rejection of admission is free!
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Portal.
– Visit https://jamb.org.ng/efacility_/.
– Enter your Email address and password to login.
– Locate and click on ‘Check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS‘.
– Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
– Click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
– You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
Candidates who have been offered provisional admission on JAMB CAPS can proceed to printing their admission letter after accepting the admission. As it will be needed for further screening in the school.
Sometimes, when you logged in you may not see JAMB CAPS, in that case you are advised to just locate ‘Check admission status‘ and proceed. This will require your Jamb Registration Number and Examination Year.
JAMB CAPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1.) I can not login it’s showing me invalid credentials. What can I do?
Answer: Do please follow this tutorial carefully and try again, most times candidates try going to the JAMB CAPS portal directly without first login-in to their JAMB portal and this causes issues.
2.) It’s showing ‘Admission in progress’. What does that mean?
Answer: it mean that your admission is in progress, you should be calm! Lol.
3.) Mine is showing “Welcome” and I have refreshed the page it’s still shows the same. What should I do?
Answer: Locate and click the 3dots in the right above your browser screen. Then click on desktop site. It should show you your admission status tab. Check image below;
4.) Please am only seeing sorry you have not be given admission yet does this means that they will still give me admission?
Answer: Yes you might still gain admission into your desired school.
5.) My status is showing ”recommended” can I accept it?
Answer: Don’t Accept Yet, if You’ve accepted already there is No Problem
Schooltips wishes you the best in your academic pursuit!
Was this article helpful? Or do you still have a question? We will gladly take your suggestions and question in the comment box below.
Am Murtala bin Zakari Muhammad also known as Mhizta_murtala, Am the author of this Great blog.
We are hoping to make this blog one of the most successful blog in the field of Educational updates in Nigeria, Would Please socialize our posts? Thanks.