ASUU Strike: Lecturers Rejects FG Offer, Claims FG is not Sincere.
Chapters of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), have voted to continue the ongoing 11-week-old strike.
The decision was reached after a nationwide referendum conducted by the chapters of the union on Tuesday to decide whether to suspend the strike or not.
The leadership of the union had on Monday directed that all chapters of the union conduct referendum to decided whether or not the strike would be called off.
The national leadership of the Union had directed its Zonal coordinators to meet with their Branch chairpersons to conduct the referendum on the offers of government and feed it back.
In a tweet on Tuesday night, ASUU said, “The outcome of referendum: In our pursuit to resolve the lingering issues between our union @ASUUNGR and the Federal government @AsoRock. The union conducted referenda across its various zones.
“Results at the zonal congress showed that majority of the members voted for the continuation of the strike because they doubted the government ’s sincerity in fulfilling its new promises.”
Join Our WhatsApp Group For Daily Update. Click Here
- ASUU Strike: Outcome of 21st January Meeting.
- ASUU strike: Lecturers Tell FG What Will Make Them Return To Classrooms.
- NANS To Presidency – “We’ll Not Vote In This Coming Election”.
- ASUU strike: Muslim students Appeals to FG to Call Off Strike.
- ASUU Strike: Exams Begin In OAU Despite Ongoing ASUU Strike.
- ASUUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon.
Am Murtala bin Zakari Muhammad also known as Mhizta_murtala, Am the author of this Great blog.
We are hoping to make this blog one of the most successful blog in the field of Educational updates in Nigeria, Would Please socialize our posts? Thanks.