It was gathered that the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile-Ife, last Monday commenced the 2017/2018 second semester examination despite the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU. According to the information, the lecturers disclosed that they are members of the Congress Of Nigeria University Academics, CONUA, therefore the ASUU strike was not binding on them.
On whether not the school will extend its Academic Calendar, the university’s public relations officer, Abiodun Olarenwaju said, “there’s nothing that suggests we are going to extend any calendar. Don’t let us be speculative, when we get to the bridge we will cross it.
“The senate of the university is in charge of the academic activities, if they find it to extend, they will and if not, there’s nothing anybody can do about it. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and don’t let us be speculative
“Whether they are going to extend it or not has not stopped the students from reading, they should read.” He said.
What Others Are Reading
- ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues.
- ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students
- How ASUU Strike Is Promoting Prostitution, Unemployment, Poverty – Stakeholders
- ASUU Strike: Strikes Continue Until FG Implement Our Demand.
- ASUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon.
Am Murtala bin Zakari Muhammad also known as Mhizta_murtala, Am the author of this Great blog.
We are hoping to make this blog one of the most successful blog in the field of Educational updates in Nigeria, Would Please socialize our posts? Thanks.