Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu on Saturday suggested a breakthrough in negotiations with the striking university lecturers.
At a media conference in Abuja, he said an agreement was reached with the union which was expected to cancel the strike.
He said on Saturday, “The strike will be called off from today or tomorrow and certainly, there won’t be strike next week.”
The lecturers under the umbrella of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) started an indefinite strike on November 5, 2018, after the failure to reach agreement with the government over their demands.
The strike was said to have disrupted activities at the universities as well as student achievement.
Join Our WhatsApp Group For Daily Update. Click Here
- ASUU Strike: Outcome of 21st January Meeting.
- ASUU strike: Lecturers Tell FG What Will Make Them Return To Classrooms.
- NANS To Presidency – “We’ll Not Vote In This Coming Election”.
- ASUU strike: Muslim students Appeals to FG to Call Off Strike.
- ASUU Strike: Exams Begin In OAU Despite Ongoing ASUU Strike.
- ASUUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon.
Am Murtala bin Zakari Muhammad also known as Mhizta_murtala, Am the author of this Great blog.
We are hoping to make this blog one of the most successful blog in the field of Educational updates in Nigeria, Would Please socialize our posts? Thanks.